Skin care is no longer just a luxury for women – it’s a necessity for all, and that includes men. The benefits of taking good care of our skin help us achieve not just an ideal appearance, but also optimum health. While there are many resources talking about women’s skin care, very few exist detailing how men should care for their skin. Mostly, it’s because the importance of men’s skin care has only recently been accepted in the mainstream. A lot of the best practices for men still remain a mystery to most. Luckily for you, none of that has to stay secret for long. Find out 6 of the most guarded skin care secrets for men to help you breathe new life into your everyday routine.
- Wash Right Away – That splash of water on your face does more than just wake up your senses. It’s also seriously beneficial for your skin. Spritzing some cold water on your face first thing in the morning activates your sebaceous glands, which in turn produce the necessary oils to keep your skin hydrated and healthy all the live long day. The sooner you wash, the earlier you wake up those special oil-producing glands so they can get right to work.
- Avoid Wiping Aggressively – The humble handkerchief has become something of a staple for guys, but they’re not always the best for wiping. Abrasive fabrics like those used for a common handkerchief can cause damaging friction on the face, which in turn causes flakes and dryness. If you’re the kind of guy who has to pull out his hanky at least once every hour throughout the day, be sure to invest in the right kind of handkerchief to help out your skincare cause.
- Use the Right Cleanser – Many facial cleansers you see in supermarkets have that strong, aggressive, masculine smell to them, and that says a lot about what they do for your skin. Instead of being swayed by overly pungent skin care products and cleansers, buy ones that will do your skin some justice. Try to find men skin care products online to help you figure out which ones you can really rely on.
- Be Generous with Serum – Up until a couple of years ago, men were complete strangers to the use of serum. But thanks to the general awakening to the importance of skincare, more and more men are realizing that serum is an essential skin care product. Serum is basically a potent hydrating formula that seeps deep into the skin to achieve perfect nourishment. Be sure to slather a generous amount of serum to get the best results, and leave it on for a few minutes for maximum absorption.
- The Cowboy Shave – Do you dry shave your beard? It’s probably time to stop that practice. Shaving off any facial hair without first prepping the hair strands or the skin underneath can cause some painful scarring. That’s why you might feel some stinging right after you shave. Use beard oil to soften up the strands and then apply some shaving cream to help your razor glide more smoothly. When everything’s all gone, rub on some after shave balm to help soothe the skin and prevent that stinging sensation from setting in.
- Invest in Anti-Aging Products – Men are not immune to aging, fine lines, and wrinkles, so invest in products that will help you prevent them from developing too soon. Maintain your youthful and vibrant look by practicing daily anti-aging skin care and look your best even after you’ve piled on the years.
Men’s skin care is a secret no more. Wow your friends, relatives, and your special someone by taking care of your skin in the best way possible. Take note of these helpful tips to bring you to a never-experienced level of skin health.