Online application forms make an essential part of any job search if you work in particular sectors around Malaysia. Many leaders of top-tier companies rely on such applications to gather comprehensive data about prospective personnel they’re about to hire. They are also impressed by the clear and uniform format such applications convey, way better than how data is presented in resumes and cover letters. At least this allows managers and recruiters to compare applicant credentials seamlessly without waste of valuable time.
Below are 5 top reasons why most companies prefer online applications when hiring staff:
- Gather key information from specific questions. Many employers have a deep surge of interest to know about the competency and intention of every employee hoping to work in the organization. That’s why many job applications are overwhelmed with specific questions in a standardized format so that employers can short-list those that impress them most. This also helps employers easily acquire specific data from the questions requested.
- Gather information about the applicant’s credentials. Online applications make it easy for employers to gather credential information about potential candidates wishing to join the company. Many people omit to fill this data in their resume and cover letters. Thus, online employment applications act as a watchdog and ensure this field isn’t omitted.
- Verify all submitted documents are authentic. Applicants fill in their digital signature to confirm to the employer that the signatures found in other relevant documents come from the same person. This also enables an employer to thorough check whether such a person has prior fraudulent issues that may likely put the company in jeopardy. Online applications help them quickly hire potential candidates that would otherwise be a great fit for the company.
- Ensure all of the staff agree with the company’s policy. Managers like to work with employees who conform to their company’s policies and procedures. That’s why many job applications require you to agree that your employer offers equal opportunity to everyone, doesn’t discriminate against any worker and so on. Some company’s policies even require you to pass a drug test before you’re hired.
- Do a background check on every applicant. Employers find it rather easy to conduct a background check on each candidate before they’re hired. The most frequently checked areas include criminal history, driving record, and credit worthiness to mention a few. At least this ensures the person about to be hired is clean of any malpractice and may likely make a great asset to the company.
In a nutshell, above are some of the main reasons why most companies like online applications when hiring staff. Many online applications are requested by most companies so that they can dig deeper into a person’s merits and potential. That’s why many ask a list of specific competency questions or ask people to fill in some personal details to gauge their potential. Some even require people to write a personal statement to determine their individual style and creativity—which many employers also find attractive. If you’re seeking a job in Malaysia, use online applications as an effective job searching strategy to help you land your dream job faster. Besides, candidates who adopt this method are also given top priority when hiring and during job openings all the time.